We use our own and third-party cookies to optimize your experience on this site, including to maintain user sessions. Without these cookies our site will not function well. If you continue browsing our site we take that to mean that you understand and accept how we use the cookies. If you wish to decline our cookies we will redirect you to Google.

Bottler News

Tracking Competitor Developments


Britvic Turns In Strong Full-Year Financial Performance

British drinks maker Britvic reported a 5.1 percent rise in full-year revenue to £1.5 billion ($1.9 billion), and a 5.4 percent rise in earnings to £206 million. CEO Simon Litherland called the results strong in a challenging environment: “good revenue, margin and earnings growth.” The company’s France operation saw a decline in the soft drinks market, while poor weather negatively affected syrups. In the U.K., the company said it grew market share, though performance was disrupted by the CO2 shortage in western Europe in the second half of the year. In Ireland, Britvic improved volume sales by 2.2 percent as its two key brands – MiWadi and Ballygowan – generated “strong revenue growth.” The company said its portfolio of low- and no-sugar brands delivered a strong financial performance in Ireland, despite the shortage of CO2 and the introduction of a sugar tax.


Carlsberg Boosts Ownership Of Portuguese Brewery Super Bock Group

Danish brewer Carlsberg has acquired 28.5 percent of the shares of the controlling shareholder – with 56 percent of the shares – of Portuguese brewery Super Bock Group. Carlsberg owns the other 44 percent of the shares in Super Bock Group. The purchase of shares in Viacer increases the direct and indirect ownership in the Super Bock Group to 60 percent. In its most recent quarterly results, Carlsberg posted a 7.4 percent rise in net revenue, driven by “strong growth” in India and China as well the positive performance of its alcohol-free portfolio.


Carlsberg U.K. Gets New Chief Executive

Carlsberg has named Tomasz Blawat, currently head of Carlsberg Poland, as chief executive of Carlsberg U.K. Blawat has managed Carlsberg Poland for six years, having previously held several general management and senior sales and marketing roles with ING, SAB Miller and P&G. He will be replaced by Paul Davies, current head of specialty brands and beers for Carlsberg group. Blawat succeeds current Carlsberg U.K. chief executive Julian Momen, who will leave the business at the end of March.


Lotte Liquor Adds Non-Fruit Variant To Soju Portfolio

South Korea’s Lotte Liquor will be shipping 120,000 bottles of its new yogurt-flavored soju beverage to Australia. To be sold in large supermarkets, “Soonhari Yogurt” is a new variant within Lotte Liquor’s range of soju products that have a strong following in the Oceania region. Known as “fruit soju,” the Soonhari brand is available in more than 30 countries, including Malaysia, Taiwan, China and Germany. Soonhari exports have increased fourfold globally since it was first launched overseas in 2015. Soonhari contains 12 percent to 14 percent alcohol, which makes it relatively milder than regular soju.  Soonhari Yogurt is not available locally in Korea or in other overseas markets, although there is a high likelihood that New Zealand will be its next destination. The global soju market was valued at $2.65 billion in 2017, and is predicted to reach $3.41billion by 2022.


Basil Hayden’s Releases 10-Year-Old Bourbon For Holidays

Premium bourbon maker Basil Hayden's Bourbon (Clermont, Ky.) this month released a special extra-aged seasonal offering, Basil Hayden's 10-Year-Old Bourbon, in limited quantities for the holidays. The new variant features the brand's trademark high-rye bourbon recipe, aged longer in American Oak barrels. According to the company, extra aging delivers heightened oak aromas along with hints of char and vanilla while maintaining a hint of spice. The brand is available nationwide for a limited time with a suggested retail price of $59.99 for a 750mL bottle. 
This is just a monthly sample. Contact us to get something focused on your business at the frequency you want…