We use our own and third-party cookies to optimize your experience on this site, including to maintain user sessions. Without these cookies our site will not function well. If you continue browsing our site we take that to mean that you understand and accept how we use the cookies. If you wish to decline our cookies we will redirect you to Google.

Bottler News

Tracking Competitor Developments


AmBev Says Brazil Brewery And Malting Facility Are Now Carbon Neutral

The facilities, located in the South region of Brazil, reduced 90 percent of their CO2 emissions and have offset the remaining 10 percent. This has reduced 9,700 tons of CO2 annually since 2018: equivalent to taking 1,300 cars off the road. Another four Ambev breweries are due to become carbon neutral by the end of 2021, Since 2016, AB InBev’s Brazil arm Ambev has invested around $25 million in sustainable operations.


Asahi Beer Extends Super Dry Distribution Pact In Duty Free Cruise Ship Channels

The Japanese brewery’s deal with Monarq Group, which has been in effect for two years in the Caribbean and Latin America regions, was deemed successful enough to extend it to the distribution of Asahi Super Dry to the U.S. duty free and cruise ship channel. Monarq Group’s alcoholic beverages portfolio includes Peroni, Grolsch, Duvel, Heineken, Jack Daniel’s, Seagram’s Escapes, Woodford Reserve, Herradura, Bollinger, Licor 43, Fernet Branca, Malfy Gin, Gosling’s, and others.

Asahi Beverages Names Danny Celoni As CEO Of Carlton & United Breweries

Celoni, the CEO of PepsiCo’s Australia, New Zealand, and South Pacific business, will succeed Peter Filipovic in February. Celoni worked for two decades at Diageo, where he served in senior executive roles in Singapore, Korea, and Thailand, and as commercial director for Australia, New Zealand, and South Pacific. Celoni will also join the Asahi Beverages Oceania executive leadership team.


Robinsons Unveils Vitamin-Enhanced Functional Squash

Britvic’s popular fruit drink was enhanced to help retailers capitalize on the ongoing health and wellness trend which has accelerated post pandemic. Robinsons Fruit & Barley with added vitamins is available in Orange, Peach (containing vitamins B, C, and D), Summer Fruits, Apple & Pear, and Pink Grapefruit (containing vitamins B and C) flavors. According to the company, the added C and D vitamins will help support the immune system and the growth of strong bones, while B vitamins contribute to energy release. Robinsons Fruit and Barley with added vitamins will be available in pack and case sizes.


Britvic Invests $37M In U.K. Canning Facility

The British beverage company is investing in its Rugby, England, plant in an effort to improve its supply chain. The plant will install a fourth canning line, which will increase the site’s total capacity by a further 18 percent. The new line will produce recyclable 330 ml cans for Britvic’s portfolio of brands, including Tango, Pepsi, and 7UP. The first cans are expected to be produced in November, with the line ready to operate in 2022.

RJ Corp

Varun Beverages Zimbabwe Plant Commissioned

The bottled water and cordial production plant’s new line increases capacity to 400 bottles per minute, and will also increase the company's capacity to 60 million bottles and cans per month. Varun Beverages Zimbabwe, a joint venture between Glaciem and Varun Beverages of Zambia, established operations in 2018 after investing US$30 million into the plant.


Suntory’s All-Free Non-Alcoholic Beer Arrives In the U.S.

The Japanese distiller and brewer’s alcohol-free beer-alternative contains zero calories, no artificial flavors or sweeteners, and zero percent alcohol. As with traditional beer, Suntory uses only the two-row barley malt which contributes to the rich flavor of All-Free, while the aroma hops give it its bitterness and signature bouquet. All-Free is also made with 100 percent Tennensui water from the Japanese forests. The original recipe enables the removal of the fermentation process entirely. Suntory All-Free beer-alternative is available via Amazon.com, and at select retailers nationwide in 350 ml can at an RRP: of $2.49, and in a 4-pack and 6-pack.
This is just a monthly sample. Contact us to get something focused on your business at the frequency you want…